HOUSE SPRINGS, Missouri — The International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Sportsman Spectacular presented by Moser Engineering and Fuel Tech launches off the starting line Saturday, March 25 at State Capitol Raceway, Port Allen, La.
Racers have the amazing opportunity to compete for big checks, big money and prestigious IHRA Ironman trophies. An exciting change for 2023, they have the chance to qualify for the IHRA Summit SuperSeries World Finals.
The event is tailored to State Capitol Raceway’s IHRA Summit SuperSeries points programs. Racers can collect points towards the 2023 track championship.
State Capitol Raceway didn’t host an IHRA Sportsman Spectacular race in 2022, but it was home to an IHRA Ironman Classic. Silas Rogers was the winner in the Super Pro (Box) category and Bruce Lundberg was the No Box winner. Others who were victorious included: James Marceaux (Top Doorslammers), Peter Labarre III (Quick 16), Mike Simoneaux (Sportsman) and Michael Turman (Motorcycle).
Junior Dragster winners were: Corbin Walker, Carson Graham and Kane Kern. There are three Junior Dragster classes — Master, Advance, Novice — to be contended at the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular with a run-off to determine who qualifies for the World Finals.
Here are important facts regarding the event:
• Race winners, who are IHRA members, now earn entry into the IHRA Summit SuperSeries World Finals in conjunction with entering at least two other IHRA races (IHRA-member track Summit SuperSeries team race or other IHRA Sportsman Spectacular races). Current IHRA membership is required.
• Get an early jump on becoming an IHRA member by clicking here for the IHRA membership center or by calling Heather at (85) JOIN-IHRA.
• Event entry will take place at the track
• IHRA license renewal / chassis certification will be available on site
• IHRA IronMan trophies awarded to the winners of Saturday’s events
For more information about State Capitol Raceway, visit statecapitolraceway.com. For more information about the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular, presented by Moser Engineering and Fuel Tech, visit IHRA.com.