WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — The International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Sportsman Spectacular presented by Hagerty and Moser Engineering will return to Onawa (Iowa) Dragway with a two-day event on July 9-10.
It’s the second straight year, the Western Iowa track located just 10 miles from the Nebraska border will host an IHRA Sportsman Spectacular presented by Hagerty and Moser Engineering event.
Joe Soucek Jr. doubled up with Top (Box) and Mod (No Box) victories at the 2021 races. Kirk Breier in the Sportsman class and Sydney Richards in Junior Dragster also captured wins. Other winners over the two-day event included: Will Zoellner (Top), Jason Chapin (Mod), Joe McCarty (Sportsman) and Bailey Dorneman (Junior Dragster).
IHRA members racing in the Top (Box), Mod (No Box), and Junior Dragster classes have the opportunity to compete for the prestigious IHRA Ironman as well as the coveted oversized championship checks. IHRA members will also be in the running for limited-edition Sportsman Spectacular commemorative medals and round prizes from IHRA partners Sunoco Race Fuels, Moser Engineering, and Summit Racing Equipment in addition to their winnings.
Here are important facts regarding the event:
- • Thousands of dollars in round prizes available to IHRA members in rounds 1-3.
- • Contingency awards are available for any IHRA member who advance to the final round each day. Click here to view IHRA partners.
- • All IHRA/NHRA credentials accepted at the event
- • Event entry will take place at the track
- • IHRA license renewal/chassis certification will be available on site
- • IHRA IronMan trophies awarded to IHRA members who win the event
To become a member of the IHRA please call (561) 337-3446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Onawa Dragway visit onawadragway.com.
For more information about the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular, presented by Hagerty and Moser Engineering, visit IHRA.com.