HOUSE SPRINGS, Missouri — The International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Sportsman Spectacular presented by Moser Engineering and Fuel Tech begins the 2023 season in one week, March 25-26, at Piedmont Dragway, Julian, N.C.
Racers in the Carolinas and surrounding states have a chance to compete for big checks, big money, the prestigious IHRA Ironman trophies and a chance to qualify for the IHRA Summit SuperSeries World Finals.
The event is tailored to Piedmont Dragway’s IHRA Summit SuperSeries points programs. It was a two-day event in 2022 with Saturday winners: Bubba Paschal (Top Eliminator), Scott Macy (Footbrake) and Alyssa Tilghman (Junior Dragster). Sunday winners were: Jonathan McCandless (Top Eliminator), Matt Sayers (Footbrake) and Gavin Whisnant (Junior Dragster) at the 1/8-mile drag strip.
Trailer Ranch will serve as the sponsor of the Top ET class. RJS Safety Equipment is sponsoring the Junior Dragster class.
Gates open at 3:30 p.m. Friday for a test-and-tune along with a golf cart race. Gates open at 8 a.m. Saturday with time trials to begin at 10 a.m. and eliminations to follow.
Sunday will be new-entry time runs only and start at 12:30 p.m. We ask that no engines are cranked before noon.
Here are important facts regarding the event:
• Saturday winners, who are IHRA members, now earn entry into the IHRA Summit SuperSeries World Finals in conjunction with entering at least two other IHRA races (IHRA-member track Summit SuperSeries team race or other IHRA Sportsman Spectacular races). Current IHRA membership is required.
• Get an early jump on becoming an IHRA member by clicking here for the IHRA membership center or by calling Heather at (85) JOIN-IHRA.
• Event entry will take place at the track
• IHRA license renewal / chassis certification will be available on site
• IHRA IronMan trophies awarded to IHRA members who win Saturday’s events
For more information about Piedmont Dragway visit piedmontdragway.com.
For more information about the IHRA Sportsman Spectacular, presented by Moser Engineering and Fuel Tech, visit IHRA.com.
Article originally posted on — ihra.com/ihra-news/all-news
Leave a Comment