WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — The 2022 International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Summit SuperSeries Team Finals is scheduled to begin September 8-11 at Eddyville Raceway Park, Oskaloosa, Iowa.
Each region hosts a Summit Team Finals for every IHRA division. Any Summit SuperSeries competitor who has an IHRA membership and an “X” number registered and valid according to IHRA records from August 1 through his or her division’s Summit Team Finals event, can win the Summit Team Finals main event championship and become eligible for the Summit SuperSeries World Finals at Holly Springs Motorsports, Holly Springs, Mississippi, October 12-15.
Tracks from the following regions will be competing at Summit Team Final events:
* IHRA Midwest Team Finals are set for Sept. 8-11 at Eddyville Raceway Park, Oskaloosa, Iowa. Participating tracks include: Magic City International Dragway, Onawa Dragway, Mo-Kan Dragway, Central Illinois Dragway, Cordova International Raceway, Eddyville Raceway Park, and Wisconsin International Raceway. Eddyville Raceway Park is the three-time defending IHRA Midwest Team Finals champion.
* IHRA Division 3 (North Stars) Team Finals are set for Sept. 15-18 at Dragway 42, West Salem, Ohio. Participating tracks include: Keystone Raceway Park, Dragway 42, Kentucky Dragway, Lancaster Dragway, Quaker City Motorsports Park, Empire Dragway, Kuhnle Motorsports Park, and Beaver Springs Dragway. Empire Dragway is the defending Division 3 North Stars Summit Team Finals champion.
* IHRA Division 5 (Thunder) Team Finals are set for Sept. 22-25 at US 131 Motorsports Park, Martin, Michigan. Participating tracks include: US 131 Motorsports Park, Muncie Dragway, Mid-Michigan Motorplex, US 41 Motorsports Park, Bunker Hill Dragstrip, The Ubly Dragway, Lapeer Dragway, Grand Bend Motorplex and St. Thomas Raceway Park. US 131 Motorsports Park is the two-time defending Division 5 Thunder Summit Team Finals champion.
* IHRA Division 4 (Renegades) Team Finals are set for Sept. 22-25 at Xtreme Raceway Park, Turnbull, Texas. Participating tracks include: Xtreme Raceway, Pine Valley Raceway, Amarillo Dragway, Little River Dragway, Edinburg Motorsports, Prescott Raceway, I-30 Dragway and Centerville Dragway. I-30 Dragway is the defending Division 4 Renegades Summit Team Finals champion.
* IHRA Division 2 (Heatwave) Team Finals are set for Sept. 29 – Oct. 2 at Holly Springs Motorsports, Holly Springs, Mississippi. Participating tracks include: Beacon Dragway, London Dragway, Holly Springs Motorsports, Brainerd Optimist, Buffalo Valley Dragway, Knoxville Dragway, Gleason Raceway Park, Gulfport Dragway, I-64 Dragway, Ozark Raceway Park, Crossville Dragway, Centerville Dragway, Music City Dragway, and Twin City Raceway. Holly Springs is the defending Division 2 Heatwave Summit Team Finals champion.
* IHRA Division 9 (Raiders) Team Finals are set for Sept. 29 – Oct. 2 at Darlington Dragway, Hartsville, South Carolina. Participating tracks include: Greer Dragway, Darlington Dragway, Farmington Dragway, Ware Shoals Dragway, Union County Dragway, Coastal Plains Dragway, Pageland Dragway, Elk Creek Dragway, South Carolina Motorplex, Cherokee Dragway, and Piedmont Dragway. Coastal Plains Dragway is the defending Division 9 Raiders Summit Team Finals champion.
* IHRA Division 1 (Patriots) Team Finals are set for Oct. 6-9 at Maryland International Raceway, Mechanicsville, Maryland. Participating tracks include: US 13 Dragway, Maryland International Raceway, Sumerduck Dragway, Roxboro Motorsports Park, and Motor Mile Dragway. Maryland International Raceway is the defending Division 1 Patriots Summit Team Finals champion.
For more information about the IHRA Summit Team Finals visit IHRA.com.
Article originally posted on — ihra.com/ihra-news/all-news